Effective Date: August 20, 2018
Last Updated Date: August 20, 2018
A note to EU Citizens
Please see the section on processing personal data from EU data subjects below.
Personal information we collect
Our websites and apps do not actively collect personal information from children. We do allow parents to sign up for our newsletter on our website. Parents can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by contacting us here: https://support.wowwee.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
We retain your email address for as long as necessary to provide you with the service. If you learn that we have collected personal information from a child, you may contact us. If you contact our customer service team, we use the email address you provide to respond to your request and delete the email address and any personal information from our records as soon as we have sent you a response.
Third party service providers used in our children’s section of the website and in the app:
We use the following analytics providers to help us understand your use of the apps and websites:
– Google Analytics
– We use Pingdom to monitor the website performance
– We use CRashlytics for bug reporting and internal analytics
– We use PlayFab for player management and internal analytics
We use the following third party service providers on our pages for parents:
– We use Mailchimp as an email service to send parent newsletter and emails.
– We use the following ad providers:
– Google Adwords
– Bing Ads
– Facebook Ads
– We use the following analytics providers to help understand your use of the websites:
– Google Analytics
– We use Crashlytics for bug reporting and internal analytics.
WowWee may disclose information about you, in a manner that is not aggregated or anonymous, if we believe it is legally necessary to do so, for example:
– in response to a court order or civil subpoena, or to law enforcement or other government officials in connection with an investigation or fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that is illegal or may expose WowWee to legal liability;
– in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
– if we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers and website users will be one of the transferred assets.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If we make a change, we will post notice here prior to making the change. If we make a material change that affects how we collect and
use your personal information we will notify you via email before we make the change, if we have your email address.
We may include links to third parties from our websites or app. WowWee isn’t responsible for these companies. Be sure to check their privacy policies if you decide to visit them. your use of WowWee’s services may also be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of other services that WowWee doesn’t control such as mobile application stores, mobile software platforms, online social media sites, or payment processors.
WowWee uses generally accepted security measures and safeguards in an attempt to keep the data it collects secure and requires that the third parties it works with agree to do the same. The measures and safeguards include limiting access to the data to those persons who need it to complete their work for WowWee and using a fire-wall protected environment and storing personal information in secure operating environments. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
A Note to EU Citizens
WowWee complies with the rights given to EU Citizens under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These rights are as follows:
– Correcting your Information – the right to have your personal information updated to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate.
– Withdrawing Consent – the right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is currently being done under your consent, e.g. marketing.
– Obtaining a copy of your information – the right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
– Deleting your information – the right to request that we delete personal information in certain circumstances.
– Data Portability – the right to have us transfer to another controller the personal information that you have provided us with.
– Restricting Processing – the right to request a restriction on the processing of your data in some limited circumstances.
– Right to object to processing – the right to request that we stop processing your data.
For more information on how to action these rights please contact us here: https://support.wowwee.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
The personal data we collect which is an email address, may be transferred to and stored outside of the jurisdiction you are in. Our service providers may process your personal data outside of the EU. If so appropriate safeguards are used.
If you are an EU citizen and would like to make a complaint about the way we process your personal data you can contact the relevant Data Protection Authority (DPA). Please contact us using the details below to find out more.
Notice to California Residents:
If you have any questions about this policy please contact us at:
WowWee Group Limited
Energy Plaza, 3F
92 Granville Road
T.S.T. East, Hong Kong
or at https://support.wowwee.com/hc/en-us/requests/new